So I've been told it has been a long time since I've updated...and it has - I just have not had any time to write! So, I'm in on a Friday night updating my blog for those of you who care to read.
So just finished week 2 at IU. No, I am not counting (as I recently told a friend during class, counting the weeks in a public forum is unacceptable). So far, so good - classes are going very well, though I am spending much more time in the evenings reading and doing homework than I ever did at DePauw - but I don't think that's because there is more work...I think I just actually have time to do it now. Of course, no evening rehearsal have started yet, so that could soon change. But for now, it is good and I'm on track. Having a good time, meeting really great people.
Had my opera cattle call audition. It went well, though I doubt I will be cast in anything - nobody at IU knows me, and that's a large part of the battle...plus there are many who are better than me. They haven't posted any cast lists yet. However, I am in the chorus for The Magic Flute...3rd time doing this show...... As much as I dislike this show, it will be good to do it again - we are doing it in German, and it is a new production assisted by Atlanta Opera. Plus, being in the chorus will give me a chance to work with the directors and let them know who I am.
I apologize now for terrible grammar or misspellings. I'm a tired boy!
Sorry it is such a very brief update...perhaps something earth shattering will come to me to post soon. :)
Hope everyone else is doing well! Keep me updated!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment