Where to start...
2009 was quite a year. Moved to a new apartment in a new city. Started grad school - I'm a full-time student again. Made new friends. Tried to keep in touch with previous friends as best as I could...some better than others. Mended relationships that had fallen apart in the past. Had new relationships fall apart. Lost some very important people in my life - and have been very close to losing others. Realized I should have worked harder to maintain relationships after high school. Realized how grateful I am for where I have gotten myself, how much I have done on my own, who I owe credit to for helping me achieve this position, and who/what I have overcome to get where I am today. Know that life can't be all serious - while hard work may be important to succeed, friends and fun are what make a man happy - learning when to do each is key. Learned more about myself, what I believe, who I am, who I want to be, and struggling with the decisions to be that person I see in the future. Learning how to learn from the mistakes of those who have gone before me. Learned how much one person can hurt me, and how much I can hurt one person; learned how much one person can help me, and how much I can help one person; and learned how what happens to one person can trickle down and change so many things.
I'm sure that's not everything - but, as I said, it has been quite the year.
I didn't go out and party tonight - because, really, that's not so-much me. I didn't even watch the ball drop. I stayed in and spent time with my parents. It's been a terribly rough family year, and this time during break is for them. Chris and Courtney are growing up quickly and are gone more often than not - so, Mom and Dad are alone a lot. There are just some times when you know you need to be with your parents...even if your dad does fall asleep on the couch. :)
No resolutions this year. I never keep them anyway. I know what I need to work on in my life - and I can only hope that I am motivated to make those changes.
More of what I pray for in this new year is the fulfillment of the wishes and hopes I have for so many who have been close to me - a few of which I have listed below (without names):
- For a dear friend whose life has changed drastically due to loss, I wish you and your family peace in the new year. I hope you will grow to be strong, to move forward, and to love what you have and continue to love those who love you.
- For a close friend who has struggled with doubt, I wish you peace of mind and calmness in a time of life changing decisions and life trials. I pray that the issues of the past haunt you no longer.
- For a somewhat-distant friend who has high prospects for the future, I wish you easy travels and easy decisions. I hope that life brings you what you truly desire.
- For my friends who have fallen out of touch or grown apart, I hope you are doing well now and continue down a good path that will hopefully one day cross mine again.
- For those friends who have recently or soon will move on to "real-life," I wish you safe and easy travels, and an inner guide to success, but more importantly, happiness.
- For those still in more impressionable years, I hope you find a dear and close friend who is always there for you through good and bad and can help you to make the right decisions as you move forward.
Of course, I don't know everything that has happened in everyone's life - so for each person I pray that any hardships you have had in the past year vanish, and the new year provides a fresh and better start.
I cherish each friend I've made, and know that in some way - even if very small - me knowing you has made a difference in who I am and where I am today.
Best wishes, safety, and love in the new year - 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment