Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Giving in...

Well, I finally gave in. It seems everyone has a blog now to keep friends and family up-to-date with happenings...so I suppose it is time that I do so as well. Also, I am procrastinating - and this provides an excellent way to spend the time.

Yes - in the words of Ellen Degeneres, "Procrastinate now, don't put it off." Excellent advice, though I don't really feel that I have time to procrastinate right now. In less than a week I will be taking my graduate entrance exams at IU to enter the MM program in performance. So, yes - I should be studying. However, there is only so much music history that a person can take in one sitting...and frankly, only so many pages about J. S. Bach that you can read before you realize that you didn't retain one word. However, I will say that I've made it most of the way through the first half of music history, which is the part that I was most worried about and with which I felt the least comfortable. There's also the theory exams and sightsinging...but that's a story for another time.

I guess the lesson of the day is to make sure that you REALLY learn information the first time around. A good lesson to have before starting another education program, but it would have been nice to have realized this years ago when I took music history the first time. Hindsight is indeed 20/20.

Anyway - enough for the evening...perhaps I should sleep.

I'll try to keep up on this blog - we'll see how it goes. The last time I tried something like this was when I was still using Xanga - I don't even remember my username or password for that now...

No comments:

Post a Comment