I know it may seem silly to post twice in one day...especially only about an hour or so apart, but I felt this needed to be said.
I think every person has something special in their life that can greatly influence their mood or thoughts. For me, of course, that is music. It is interesting for me to see what music does to me (or sometimes does not do) - for example, if I am in a sad/bad mood I prefer to listen to music that matches that mood...a catharsis, if you will, to let it all out. Likewise, if I am happy, I'd rather listen to something "perky" or upbeat. I know others prefer the opposite, if they are sad they listen to something happy to bring their mood up.
However, I digress. Tonight I was listening to music - nothing specific...just whatever happened to play...when something I heard suddenly made me remember that I was planning to read the blog of a friend, but I never did. So, I log on to Facebook, find the link to the blog, and read. The most recent post is not a very happy one - though it is thought-provoking. He recently lost his uncle and was discussing the frailty of life and living to the fullest.
His blog did make me realize some of the things I miss - being a mentor and working with groups of people who need some sort of guidance; being part of a group - not socially - but a group that makes a difference; knowing somebody trusts to turn to me when they are truly in need. I miss the part that makes a difference. I need to find a way back to that.
During my reading, I also realized how much was lost in the last year. A close friend lost her brother - it had an impact on many of us, but it was difficult to see what she was, and probably still is, going through. Many of use mourned the loss of a great mentor, Stanley Irwin. Of course, I was not expecting it to happen - but more unexpected was the effect it had on me. There are others, but these are the first to come to mind.
I lost my grandmother just before Thanksgiving, and then my uncle just after the New Year. Both were on my dad's side of the family. Both of my mom's parents have been in and out of the hospital since April. We all know there probably isn't much time left - but nobody really wants to admit that. It has been a very trying year.
Much can happen in one year...I need to strive to make these next few year - this new "adventure" I am beginning - good, productive, and meaningful years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment